Monday, February 28, 2005

Neko Case's "My '63" and my recent dreams

**musical mood preference: Neko Case - My 63**

Neko Case has a song called "My '63", a country-esque tune about her 1963 Rambler (picture of similar car). I've been listening to her a lot lately especially while I fall asleep. She provides a good background for sleeping.

Last night, I had a dream about a person (someone I know, I'm sure of it. But I can't quite remember who) who kept telling me how wonderful his/her '63 Rambler was. This is funny to me, because I'm a light sleeper who often has things happening around my sleeping-self intervene in my dreams. Phones ringing, people talking outside my window, even the climate inside my room affect my dreams. Now the music is getting into the game.

At least it makes my dreams a bit more interesting. Without interference such as this, my dreams usualy consist of me doing things I do while I'm awake. For example: I usually dream of sitting in class, or of painting. So arguing with some guy about his 1963 Rambler is much more exciting.
|