Thursday, December 09, 2004

Random Facts About Me.

Here is just a random set of facts about me. Induced by too many cups of coffee too early in the morning. This is based on a framework taken from another site. I felt all warm and fuzzy, so I felt like sharing.

Onto the Facts:

-- I have a sweet tooth and I would weigh about 300lbs if not for practiced self-control and exercise.

-- I love the sport of baseball. Everything about it. Watching, playing, EVERYTHING.

-- I have every book that James Joyce ever wrote, even the partial novella Stephen Hero.

-- I have felt so strongly about someone that I was very willing to spend the rest of my life with them.

-- There was a time in my life when I was unable to listen to anything other than Nirvana. There was also a good year when the album "Anti-Christ SuperStar" never went back into its case - it was always in my stereo or in my discman. My grandmother was mortified.

-- I've had obsessions of varying lengths with Buffy, Dawson's Creek, OZ, The Sopranos, Brimstone, and X-Files.

-- I've seen Rocky Horror Picture Show more times than I can even fathom at this point.

-- I used to have a habit for carrying on crushes too long. Ask Brianna.

-- My favorite movies include Monty Python & The Holy Grail, When Harry Met Sally, Snatch, Office Space, Dogma, Fight Club, amongst many others.

-- I was in drama club for 3 years. I was involved in South Pacific (stage crew baby!), The Christmas Pageant and one I can't remember right now.

-- I have about 25 first cousins and countless second cousins and they are all interesting people.

-- I've had two long-term girl-friends, both of whom I still am very fond of.

-- I love alternative music.

-- I have terrible eyesight.

-- My worst fears are losing people I love and disappointing those same people.

-- I love Guinness and I love whiskey.

-- I cannot and will not function without a cup of tea or coffee in the morning. This is a recent development.

-- I only need 5 or 6 hours of sleep. I can function well on 3 or 4.

-- I am the oldest of 3 kids. My other brothers are 16 (17 in 6 days) and 15.

-- I think the Bible is a great read. So are the myths of the Buddhists and Hindus, as well as the mythologies of Native Americans, Africans and the Irish.

-- My favorite weather is a sunny day in late fall.

-- My favorite kind of nights are ones in which there are a few clouds but the stars still resonate.

-- I miss certain parts of every relationship I've ever been in. Be it hanging out and watching TV, intellectual discussions, a smell, or even just kissing that person.

-- My parents are caring and generous people. I owe them everything.

-- I worry about my future. I worry about my loved ones' futures.

-- I have great friends. From all periods of my life.

-- I frequently walk while reading a book.

-- My favorite places on earth are:
Ring of Kerry (Ireland)
Harvey's Lake (PA)
Narragansett Beach (RI)
Manhatten
Brooklyn
all Gaeltacht (Ireland)

-- I have never cheated on a significant other. Never. Not even a kiss.

-- I lived on Cherry St in Montrose, in a house that looks like it could be blown down by the wind.
I lived in a two bedroom house in Springville, PA
I lived in dorms in University Park at the Pennsylvania State University.
I lived on Mt. Olivet Rd in Dallas Township, PA.
I now lived in Forty Fort, PA.

-- I love biographies. Especially, Richard Ellmann's biographies of James Joyce and Oscar Wilde, and Isaacsons bio of Ben Franklin, amongst others.

-- I'd like to have kids. Or, at least, a child.

-- I love the Beatles. Ever since I discovered "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" in 6th grade.

-- I sweat alot. Isn't that fun?

-- My favorite teachers were:
Ms. Zenger (2nd grade)
Mr. Parker (Trigonometry and Calculus)
Mr. Hopkins (Biology and Advanced Biology)
Harry Ehrie (Baseball)

-- I had my first real kiss at 13 years of age. Some of you probably know who it was.

-- I vividly remember my dreams. This has not always been the case. Occasionally I have dreams that reach lucidity.

-- I was raised Catholic, but have long since become disillusioned with organized religion's take on how things HAVE to be. I want to know my God on my own terms and not within the parameters of a cultish society.

-- I am envious of some of my friends relationships with their significant others. I sometimes wish I could have what they have.

-- I have always been fascinated by madness. Hence my love for Edgar Allan Poe.

-- My father has given me a sense of history and cultural community.

-- I have never dyed my hair. I accidentally bleached it once though. It turned orangish. I was amused. Others were also amused

-- Things I need to do before I die:
Live in Ireland
Love someone completely, and have them love me equally.

-- Ongoing passions:
History
Love
Literature
Most things Irish

-- I remember playing touch football during recess by Ehrie's house and Jimmy Orr's house. Those were the days. Ehrie was always quarterback.

-- My brother JP is a good wrestler and a bright kid, even if he's a dumbass.

-- My brother Matt is better at guitar than I ever was.

-- My mom is a strong and wonderful lady.

-- My dad works too hard, but I respect him highly for it.


There's so much more. If you have questions or want me to add something, ask me on AIM.

|