Monday, February 21, 2005

Hunter S Thompson

**musical mood preference: Rolling Stones - Sister Morphine**

The original neo-liberal tough guy, HST, has died from a self-inflicted gun-shot wound. Never afraid to speak his mind on any topic, Thompson was an inspiration to many who are outside the realm of what people believe to be normal. His wild lifestyle and self-destructive attitude towards life drew many people to his writing.

Here are some of my particular favorite quotes from HST:

"Is it even vaguely possible that some New Age Republican whore-beast of a false president could actually make Richard Nixon look like a liberal?"

"As your attourney I advise you to tell me where you put the goddamn mescaline."

"I have always loved marijuana. It has been a source of joy and comfort to me for many years. And I still think of it as a basic staple of life, along with beer and ice and grapefruits - and millions of Americans agree with me."

"Let's face it--the yo-yo president of the U.S.A. knows nothing. He is a dunce. He does what he is told to do--says what he is told to say--poses the way he is told to pose. He is a Fool."

"We have become a Nazi monster in the eyes of the whole world - bullies and bastards who would rather kill than live peacefully. We are whores for power and oil with hate and fear in our hearts."
|