Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Anti-VDay Re-cap

**musical mood preference: The Shins - Pink Bullets**

My Valentine's Day (or Single Awareness Day as Brianna referred to it as) was much better than I expected it to be. I spent it at the bar, which in itself didn't make the night, it was the people there who did.

There were only three of us in the entire bar: myself, my bartender friend and her younger sister. We watched the Westminster Dog Show and played dice for a while, then the sister left. It was my friend and I for the last three hours or so. We went and played in the basement of the bar (which happens to be my personal favorite pub). Apparently the basement served as a speak-easy in the 20's and a haven for coke-heads who refused to sleep in the 80s.

The night continued: we played video golf, and enjoyed some herbal refreshment, fooled around a little and laughed a lot. I left around midnight, smiling. It was a nice surprise from what was expected.

|