Monday, January 31, 2005

Mates in Sarcasm

**musical mood preference: The Shins - Kissing the Lipless**

My speech went well today. It was on the history and spread of Gaelic football in and outside of Ireland. 3-4 minute, one-point speech with an extended example, two statistics and a primary source.

I just wanted to write about how I appreciate the art of sarcasm, as when it practiced correctly I believe it can be just that, an art. I am a practioner of this artform and have always been drawn to people, especially intelligent girls, who are as well.

In high school, it was one of these girls that drove me to do well and compete with her. From grade 7 on, she was there, torturing me if she got a 97 and I only managed a 94. I missed that for the last few years, but I think I found it again. MB, thank you, you're a pain in the ass but I like it.
|