Thursday, January 20, 2005

Neko Case - South Tacoma Way

I put on that sweater you gave me
I woke up in the kitchen a few minutes later
I didn't know how I had gotten there
Did you guide me?

I didnt make it to your funeral
I didnt want ritual or resign
I just wanted to hold hands with JP & Mary Jo
But I couldnt conjure (???)
Were too good for stupid angels
Like this hell-eth bred beside me
And burn the air til it was gone
Til it was gone

Couldn't pay my respects to a dead man
Your life was much more to me
And I chased away with sticks and stones
But that rage kept following me
Following me

So lost, I was sleeping in the palms of your hands
And dreams we were happy and safe
I cant comprehend the ways that I miss you
They come to light in my mistakes
In my mistakes

Now I'm driving down Tacoma Way
And the world turns in slow motion
Its the twlight of our old home
And I'm still in love with you
Here on South Tacoma Way
We've memories from matenees
And the tears fall warm and heavy
And the cross streets bear your name
|