Thursday, January 20, 2005

YOUR FRESHMAN YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL

**musical mood preference: Dropkick Murphys - Boys on the Dock**

[What year was it?]

1998/1999

[What were your three favorite bands?]
Nirvana, Korn and Marilyn Manson

[What was your favorite outfit?]
Ratty jeans, a t shirt and flannel

[What was up with your hair?]
bushy and curly

[Who was your best friend?]
honeychuck and brianna

[What did you do after school?]
in the fall and winter it was Drama Club, and in the spring it was baseball.

[Where did you work?]
painting with my dad.

[Did you take the bus?]
most of the time. towards the end of the year I started getting rides.

[Who did you have a crush on?]
Martiena and Rachel

[Did you fight with your parents?]
Ohhhhh yes.. OHHHHH YESSSSS.

[Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on?]
No one, actually.

[Did you smoke cigarettes?]
Yes. Frequently.

[Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack all day because you were too nervous to find your locker?]
They wouldn't let us carry our backpacks around. Remember that shit? We always had to carry our books.

[Did you have a 'clique'?]
Sort of, I suppose.

[Admit it, were you popular?]
Yeah, I guess. I mean, I had plenty of friends and I knew lots of people.

[Who did you want to be just like?]
I sort of wished I was more like my friend Rachel. I emulated her and loved the way she was.

[What did you want to be when you grow up?]
A doctor, once I hit college, I sort of realized I didn't want that anymore.

[Where did you think you'd be at the age you are now?]
nearing the end of my undergraduate course work. Now that didn't work out, did it? I suppose its for the best though. I have the life experience and everything that goes along with it. I'm happy with who I am and where I am now. So everything is great.

[What advice would you give your freshman self?]
be who you want to be. don't waste time trying to be a person you aren't.
don't waste your time trying to be a doctor. there is too much bureaucracy and politics involved, and there are so many other ways to help many more people than stupid HMOs and insurance companies allow.

|