Sunday, January 30, 2005

Weekend

**musical mood preference: The Smiths - This Charming Man**

First of all updates from Thursday:

-JP's picture was the front page of the Times Leader sports page.
-Dad rear-ended a John Heinz Rehab van with his truck on Carey Ave.
-I learned how to install a wiper motor into a car.

Now onto the weekend:

My weekend turned out to be interesting, even though I thought it was going to suck pretty badly and be consumed with work. The work portion of the weekend was still there, but the monotony of sociology and business law was broken up by a wrestling meet on Saturday (JP won again, 10 in a row) and a nice surprise at a local Dallas bar Friday night.

On Friday night, I went into this bar to see if a friend of my dad's was bartending. Well, she wasn't, but I did know someone who was there at the time. A girl from my English class last semester was there having drinks with her friends, and I ended up staying til closing talking with them. So Friday night turned out well.

Saturday, I went to my brother's wrestling meet at Wyoming Area which Dallas won, putting them into contention for the Wyoming Valley Conference championship. Following that, my parents and I attended a fundraising event for the wrestling booster club which was DEATHLY boring.

Later Saturday night, I took a ride to Scranton to see Teenage Girls at Farley's. Their set was short but impressive. It's the best I've heard them play, not to diminish their other shows, which are always entertaining. Following their set, I left and drove back to Luzerne to meet someone working at a bar there. It was another closing bell night, as I listened to stories about people I grew up around. So all in all, it was a good weekend.

Sunday was consumed by the work I should've been doing during the time I was enjoying myself. A speech about Gaelic football, studying for Monday's sociology test, and catching up on my curret event project for political science.
|