Thursday, November 25, 2004

Can't Sleep, Terrorists Will Get Me (What George & Dick want you to Believe)

*musical mood preference: Sonic Youth - Schizophrenia**

Sorry, bit of political commentary in the title, but the point of the post is that I can no longer sleep like I used to. Those of you who knew me in high school or even in my first year of college know that I never used to have any problem sleeping. I would sleep 16 hours a day if I were allowed... I would go to bed at 11pm and get up at 7am and go to school... then when I got home from school I would take a nap until dinner.

Nowadays I'm lucky if I get 5 hours of sleep. (Though last night I got a good 8 hours and I'm loving it) I think my problem is that my brain just never stops running around in circles, and it forces me to the edge of exhaustion before I can finally get to sleep. But all the solutions to a problem like this seem excessive. They tell me to take medicine for hyperactivity, or for anxiety... but all of this seems overkill. I will just soldier on.

Perhaps this is my body's way of catching up from all the sleep I used to get. Now its depriving me to even the score. Some cruel work of nature.
|