Thursday, November 18, 2004

Missing friends, thankful for friends

**Musical mood preference: The Cranberries**

Friends, thought long gone,
Come again to friendships' new dawn.


I love my friends, many of which I've sadly lost regular contact with. I still love and miss them all. They're all a part of me that I treasure and will look fondly on in future.

But I write not for lost friendships but rather because I have re-discovered a friendship I thought had been dissipated. One of my most cherished and long-lasting friendships, fractured by time and circumstance, has been sparked to life again and with much personal need. I need my friends, especially this one. She had been my emotional foundation and my confidant. I want for her to be the same now and for myself to be the same to her.

In the last five years, I've gained a fairly solid grip on my life (in retrospective scrutiny of my so-called "Dark Ages", fondly named such by my parents). Those of you who knew me thru that earlier period know I was a tad on the morose and self-destructive side of life. Things could have been much worse than they turned out to be, in reminiscence.

During this time, I let my circumstances and environment affect who I actually was. I will never allow that to happen again. Currently, my mission in life is to help people as much as I can with words and small actions. I want people I feel connections with to be happy, to be content with who they are and where they are in life. These are the most important things to happiness, in my own experience.

Friendship was a big part of this grasp on my own reality. It was my friends, specifically three people, who subconsciously yet emphatically gave me this push. They probably would never imagine their individual influences would have this effect on my permanent state of mind.

They are, strangely two ex-girlfriends and a best friend of myself and one of those girlfriends. (yeah.. stop and ponder that one for a second.) I'm just extending a long overdue thank you to those people. They will know who they are when reading this last paragraph.

That's all. Thanks.
|